Terms and Conditions
Social Ventures Solutions (“Social Ventures”), a social enterprise, owns, operates and manages the services provided by the Website and the Application. By accessing, browsing and using the Website and the Application, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions mentioned herein. In case you do not agree with the terms contained herein, you should immediately cease all usage of this Website and the Application.
We reserve the right to alter, modify or amend the terms of this Agreement. Your use of the Website and the Application subsequent to such alteration, modification or amendment shall be deemed to be an acknowledgement or acceptance of such alteration, modification or amendment.
- GiGa is a connection platform that facilitates and encourages users (people/NGO) to engage in the habit of giving to others (people/NGO) in need.
- It acts as a facilitator that connects an individual desirous of giving, including but not limited to time, skill, things, medical help (blood, medicines and so on) and money (“Giver” or “Givers”) with another individual in need of such time, skill, things, medical help (blood, medicine and so on) and money(“Gainer” or “Gainers”, both Giver/Givers and Gainer/Gainers shall together be referred to as ‘Parties”)
- The primary objective of GiGa is to establish a one-stop platform for meeting any kind social needs and to create a community of “Givers” for a social cause. It envisages enabling, empowering and encouraging the user to experience joy in giving by providing an easy platform to make GIVING a habit thereby bringing back our traditional values of compassion and generosity.
- The Website and the Application allow both the Givers and Gainers to post. A Giver can post all his gives and a Gainer can post all his needs on GiGa. This may include time, skills, money, and things like stationary, books, furniture, organs, blood or any other available resources that can serve the Gainer’s desperate needs. Other sample examples of gives and needs are provided in http://www.giga.org.in/how-it-works.html.
- Once a Giver posts his gives, he/she is provided with a list of Gainers interested in receiving the gives of the Giver. The Giver, by his/her discretion, shall choose the Gainer who he /she would like to give to. A connection is established upon the Giver choosing his/her Gainer. Upon connection, both the Giver and the Gainer are provided with the contact details of the other to help them contact each other offline.
- GiGa, thus, facilitates a connection between the Giver and Gainer. All the necessary due diligence, background checks regarding the Giver or Gainer shall be done by the Parties. Any act of giving or receiving is strictly between the Giver and Gainer and GiGa and/or Social Ventures will not be a party to such a giving or taking and shall bear no responsibility for any claims arising out of such giving or receiving. Further, Social Ventures shall not mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between Buyers and Sellers.
"How it works"
- You shall obtain [●] credit points on registering on GiGa.
- A Giver shall also be provided with credit points on the successful completion of the transaction facilitated by GiGa. Social Ventures shall have the exclusive discretion to compute and allocate the credit points to the Giver on the successful completion of the transaction facilitated by GiGa. The users agree and acknowledge that no claim shall lie against Social Ventures against such computation and allocation of the credit points.
- Credit points shall enable the GiGa users in availing discounts, concessions and can be used by the users of GiGa while transacting with our channel partners.
- The credit points provided to each user shall be redeemed by purchasing the products or availing the services of our channel partners. On redemption, the credit points used would be subtracted from the points already accumulated in your account.
- Credit points earned by you should be redeemed within [●] months from the date of accrual. The right to redeem your credit points shall irrevocably lapse on your failure to use them within [●] months. Further, the credit points cannot be exchanged for cash or credit or used to obtain cash advances.
- The credit points earned or accumulated by you shall not constitute your property and are non-transferable to any other person or entity.
- Social Ventures’ decision on the computation and allocation of the points shall be final, conclusive and binding on you.
- The terms of accrual of credit points shall change from time to time. Your use of the Website and the Application subsequent to such alteration, modification or amendment shall be deemed to be an acknowledgement or acceptance of such alteration, modification or amendment.
- Our channel partners may change their terms and conditions of their business without prior notice to you. Social Ventures shall not be responsible for informing you regarding such changes. Social Ventures take no responsibility or liability for the acts and omissions of the channel partners.
- You agree and acknowledge that no claims shall lie against Social Ventures on the failure by the channel partners in redeeming your points.
The services offered on the Website and the Application are not available to those not qualified to enter into a contract as per the Indian Contract Act, 1872. By using the Website and the Application, you represent and warrant that:
- You will maintain accuracy of such information and the same shall be true to your best knowledge; and
- You affirm that you are over 18 years of age and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, obligations, representation and warranties set forth herein. If you are below 18 years and wish to use the services of the Website and/or the Application, the same shall be made available to you by your legal guardian or parents. .
- In order to avail the services offered by the Website and the Application, you, as either a Giver or Gainer, are required to register as a user by filling in the requisite mandatory information as required by the Website and the Application for the purposes of registration
- Upon registration, you are provided with a user ID and password. You acknowledge to take due care in maintaining the confidentiality of the user ID and password and shall remain solely responsible for any and all use of your account. In case of any suspicion on the unauthorized use of your accounts, you shall immediately notify our team by informing us about the same on firstname.lastname@example.org. As mentioned above, every user shall get [●] credit points upon registering on GiGa. Additionally, the Givers may, subject to the discretion of Social Ventures, also obtain credit points upon the successful completion of transactions, Gainers’ ratings and feedback mechanism provided for by GiGa.
Termination of your Account
- Social Ventures in its sole discretion without prior notice, reserves the right to terminate your access to the Website and the Application in case of breach of the terms and conditions mentioned in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that no claim shall against Social Ventures in relation to their decision to terminate your account.
Rules of Conduct for Givers and Gainers
You represent and warrant that:
- you shall act in a responsible manner while posting as a Giver and/or Gainer on the Website and/or the Application with the help of your account;
- you shall not impersonate, create false identity, misrepresent yourself (your name, sex and age) or falsely affiliate yourself with any individual person or entity while availing the services of the Website and/or the Application;
- you shall not post any content, material, information or link that contains threats, incites violence, harassment, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases or violate the privacy rights of any other user;
- you shall not post any content, transmit or submit any viruses, worms or malware or any other harmful or destructive content of like nature that disrupts the normal use of the Website and/or the Application;
- you shall not give any products, materials or items that are in your possession by illegal (stolen) or fraudulent means;
- your use of the Website and/or the Application shall not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party; and
- you shall not use the Website and/or the Application for any criminal and unlawful activity/purpose or in a manner that is likely to cause harm to any other registered user of the Website and/or the Application.
Social Ventures reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove, delete or refuse any content, material, post, link, which in their reasonable opinion is offensive, obscene, profane, and harmful or may incite violence amongst the users of the Website. Furthermore, Social Ventures also reserves the right to delete or block a user from accessing GiGa, if in its reasonable opinion, the account created by a user, either as Giver or Gainer, appears to be fake or ingenuine. Social Ventures’ decision in this regard shall be final and binding and no claim shall lie against Social Ventures in relation to the foregoing.
Nothing in the foregoing provision, shall amount to Social Ventures taking responsibility or claim for the breach of representation and warranties by the Givers’ and Gainers’. As stated above, the Givers and Gainers shall perform all the necessary due diligence, background checks regarding the other before transacting with each other under the aegis of GiGa.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- We at GiGa have endeavored to comply with all known legal and ethical requirements in compiling this website. The contents, websites, services and third party websites or services linked to from the websites or otherwise accessed is provided on an ‘as-is’ and ‘as available’ without any warranties. To the extent permissible under the law for the time being in force, GiGa disclaims all warranties, express or implied.
- GiGa does not warrant or represent that the content shall be error free, or that the access to the Website shall be uninterrupted and devoid any malware or that server that hosts the Website shall be free from viruses. GiGa assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any content, including but not limited to user generated content. Therefore, except as expressly set forth in this Agreement, GiGa disclaims any representation or warranty regarding the performance, availability, functionality or any other aspect in the services provided by the Website.
- Links to third party website are provided merely for information and convenience of the Giver or the Gainer. GiGa disclaims endorsement or support to the content of third party links. By clicking on the third-party link, you will leave the Website and shall be governed by the terms and conditions, if any, of the third party website you are accessing.
- You agree and acknowledge to irrevocably waive any and all claims against the Website with respect to any content, material, posts or link on the Website and any information you provide to third parties websites.
Limitation of Liability
- While Social Ventures, including but not limited to its founder, employees, contractors and agents, undertake their best efforts to ensure that the information/content posted on the Website and/or Application is correct, Social Ventures takes no responsibility and assume no liability to the accuracy of any content, material or link posted on the Website and/or the Application.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Website and/or the Application shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising under the terms and conditions set forth herein or in connection with the Website and/or the Application, whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise. Thus, it is your duty to take utmost care to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, veracity and usefulness of information, material, post made available to you through this Website and/or the Application.
- Under no circumstances shall a claim for damages, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential and personal injury lie against Social Ventures for conduct or actions of any other user, while using the services of the Website and/or the Application.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights on the Website and/or the Application, including but not limited to the trade names, service marks, trademarks, copyrights, patents and other intellectual property rights related to the service provided by the Website and/or the Application, shall belong to Social Ventures. All rights, title and interest in such property shall vest exclusively with Social Ventures.
Nothing in this agreement amounts to a transfer, right to license, reproduce or use the intellectual property rights by Social Ventures to you.
Furthermore, nothing is this Agreement provides you the right to:
Furthermore, nothing is this Agreement provides you the right to:
- re-publish the contents or material available on the Website and/or the Application;
- reproduction, duplication, copying or exploitation of material, contents and information on the Website and/or the Application for a commercial use; and
- sell, rent or license material on the Website and/or the Application.
You agree to indemnify, make good and hold harmless Social Ventures against all claims and expenses, including the Attorney’s fees, arising out of any claim, demand, action, suit, investigation, arbitration, or other proceeding by a third party in relation to the breach of the terms and conditions specified herein.
Governing Law/Dispute Resolution
This Agreement is governed in accordance with the laws of India and the Courts in Bangalore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over claims and disputes arising out of the breach of the terms and conditions mentioned herein.
Please contact us at email@example.com to report any violations of these Terms of Service or to pose any questions regarding these Terms of Service or the Services.